A vitrectomy (massage) table is the most important piece of equipment you will need while recovering from your vitrectomy surgery. You will need to be face down at all times, waking and sleeping. Sleep is the most important element of your recovery, and it will be almost impossible without the right equipment allowing you to rest comfortably while face down.
When your head is held upright, the gas bubble inserted in your eye will move to the top of the eye, leaving the retinal tear or detachment exposed to pulling and irritation from the eye fluids and will prevent your healing. Renting a vitrectomy (massage) table is a necessary and vital piece of equipment for the recovery of your eyesight.
*** NOTE: We have made a change from what is presented in the video. We have removed the arm rests and replace them with kitchen chairs, foot stools etc. This system is much more stable and provides support for getting up.
Included in your rental:
- Each table is disinfected on return.
- 31" wide massage table.
- Each table comes with an adjustable face rest. If your retinal surgeon indicates that he wants you to literally "stand on your head", the adjustable face support will accomodate this requirement for your recovery.
- Two different face pillows to fit the shape of your face.
- We provide a fitted sheet for each massage table rental.
- A leg bolster to keep your feet from being in the 'ballet' position throughout your recovery.
- "Make it Rite" Mirror - Value $80
- Recipe Book: "Cooking with Eye Foods: Recipes to Protect Your Eyes from Blue Light" Value: $15
- MINIMUM $50 Delivery/Set-up/Pick-up - We will need 45-60 minutes available for the set-up
Pick-up Options (By Appointment ONLY)
- WATERDOWN, Ontario L8B 0L9
- LONDON, Ontario N5X 2K7 (9 minutes North of the Ivey Eye Institute).